Problem running Jservlet from OAS

From: <dkumar26_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:11:25 GMT

Hi!!!
I am trying to run a JServlet which I developed using DBServlet wizard and tested it on JDeveloper. Everything worked fine but when I installed it on the Oracle Application server v4.0.8 I am not able to run the Servlet. I get this message on the browser
Cannot service this request, please try again later.

Please advise

I am having the class file(MeterMasterClass.class) in a jar file(MeterMaster.jar)
 and the physical directory is pointing to the right directory. This is what is specified
in the URL
http://woofer.cellnet.com:8880/jservlets/test/MeterMasterClass

This is the error message I got on the browser Cannot service this request, please try again later.

I also tried http://woofer.cellnet.com:8880/jservlets/test/MeterMaster

This time I got
A Servlet Error Occurred

Unable to locate the specified servlet.
The most likely explanation is a problem with the servlet's location. Please check the server log for a detailed message.

The jar file is under c:\orant\ows\4.0\test\MeterMaster.jar

The physical path is set as %ORAWEB_HOME%\test where ORAWEB_HOME = c:\orant\ows\4.0

The virtual path is set as /jservlets/test

I don't see any permission problem here.

Thanks in advance
Dinesh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 21:11:25 CET

Original text of this message