Designer 6.0

From: Mike Ryzhykh <mike_at_kru.ru>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:38:51 +0700

Hello!

[Quoted] I've got to see and try Designer 6.0 from ftp://ftp.oracle.com/pub/www/otn/downloads/designer/designer1.zip I guess it should be a working product cuz it is on OTN. And I think Oracle should support it anyway even I got it for free just to [Quoted] make it a "perfect product".

But I find it having many "bugs" or problems.
"Bugs" is quoted cuz I can't name it without quotes untill I'll discuss it.
[Quoted] May be I am wrong?

Many actions while using Designer's tools lead me to "Access violation"... [Quoted] First what I found was in Process modeller where Autolayout operation smashes down BP diagrams.
After "Access violation" in BPM sometime I got a message somewhat like "root [Quoted] process is lost" causing a diagram to be "read only"! The same results the operation gives in other tools but may be less painful...
Printing of the diagrams also not so perfect... except one of ER modeller. [Quoted] In Repository reports it gives "Access violation". Support of NLS let me think it was... forgotten? (Repository reports)

I think here you should got an idea that the product is not like
"production" one!

But I see the product is a greate one! And I want to see it working.

I did try to find any patches for the product but none was found?! OK. There's only 3-4 months since the product appeared there. I mean OTN. [Quoted] So may be ALL can help me?

May be somebody knows Oracle e-mail where I can send my questions/reports? [Quoted] Something like designer_at_tools.oracle.com ? Like one for Oracle documentation reports. They really process it! And more... I do ask it!
I think they should wait for them.
And sometime we got it working?

Knock-knock... Oracle do you read it?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanx!
Mike. Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 12:38:51 CET

Original text of this message