Re: Designer 6.0

From: <jonathan.howard_at_chelmer.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:14:44 GMT

I have also downloaded Oracle Designer from OTN and have had no such problems. It is a great tool and can generate 100% of your application never mind the excellent design capabilities. I certainly have not found it to be buggy. The fact you can download the software is fantastic. You can email me on jonathan.howard_at_chelmer.co.nz if you want more information.

Regards

Jonathan

In article <80rc14$aoc$1_at_big-proxy.kuzbass.net>,   "Mike Ryzhykh" <mike_at_kru.ru> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've got to see and try Designer 6.0 from
> ftp://ftp.oracle.com/pub/www/otn/downloads/designer/designer1.zip
> I guess it should be a working product cuz it is on OTN.
> And I think Oracle should support it anyway even I got it for free
just to
> make it a "perfect product".
>
> But I find it having many "bugs" or problems.
> "Bugs" is quoted cuz I can't name it without quotes untill I'll
discuss it.
> May be I am wrong?
>
> Many actions while using Designer's tools lead me to "Access
violation"...
> First what I found was in Process modeller where Autolayout operation
> smashes down BP diagrams.
> After "Access violation" in BPM sometime I got a message somewhat like
"root
> process is lost" causing a diagram to be "read only"!
> The same results the operation gives in other tools but may be less
> painful...
> Printing of the diagrams also not so perfect... except one of ER
modeller.
> In Repository reports it gives "Access violation".
> Support of NLS let me think it was... forgotten? (Repository reports)
>
> I think here you should got an idea that the product is not like
> "production" one!
> But I see the product is a greate one! And I want to see it working.
>
> I did try to find any patches for the product but none was found?!
> OK. There's only 3-4 months since the product appeared there. I mean
OTN.
> So may be ALL can help me?
>
> May be somebody knows Oracle e-mail where I can send my
questions/reports?
> Something like designer_at_tools.oracle.com ?
> Like one for Oracle documentation reports. They really process it!
> And more... I do ask it!
> I think they should wait for them.
> And sometime we got it working?
>
> Knock-knock... Oracle do you read it?
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Thanx!
> Mike.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 21:14:44 CET

Original text of this message