Re: OEM Event Database UpDown fails

From: Peach <schoedema_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:49:44 GMT

Marty,

It seems to be a problem of the agent, because the problem occurs from every OEM console.
I've defined a job (database export) and this job is working normally without a problem.
Could it be a problem because the agent, the oem and the database reside on the same server?

Peter

In article <eSZ0niwL$GA.165_at_cpmsnbbsa02>,   "Marty Grinstead" <MGrinstead_at_email.msn.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Can you register an event (dbUpDown) from the other OEM console
machine and
> have it return the correct status?
>
> It sounds like the agent might not be configured correctly. The
tools you
> referenced (tablespace manager, security manager, schema manager,
etc.)
> don't need the agent, but events and jobs do. If you can register an
event
> from the other OEM console and get a valid response, then you could
drop the
> node from your console and rediscover it...if the event from the other
> console doesn't report a valid reply either, then it is most likely
the
> Intelligent Agent on your server with the database.
>
> Post again if this doesn't help...
> Marty
>
> Peach wrote in message <80ni1o$vcc$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Hi there
> >
> >I've installed Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.0 and Oracle8i on WinNT.
OEM
> >works fine and I can manage users, tablespaces, database starts and
> >shutdowns and so on from a OEM Console on another machine without a
> >problem.
> >If I create a new event with a test 'database up/down', an alert is
> >raised with the message "The database instance is down". But the
> >instance is up and running.
> >Can anyone help me?
> >
> >Any help would be appreciated.
> >Peter
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 09:49:44 CET

Original text of this message