Re: OEM Event Database UpDown fails

From: Marty Grinstead <MGrinstead_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 20:27:34 -0500

Peter,

[Quoted] Can you register an event (dbUpDown) from the other OEM console machine and [Quoted] have it return the correct status?

 It sounds like the agent might not be configured correctly. The tools you [Quoted] referenced (tablespace manager, security manager, schema manager, etc.) [Quoted] don't need the agent, but events and jobs do. If you can register an event [Quoted] from the other OEM console and get a valid response, then you could drop the [Quoted] node from your console and rediscover it...if the event from the other console doesn't report a valid reply either, then it is most likely the [Quoted] Intelligent Agent on your server with the database.

Post again if this doesn't help...
Marty