Re: developper server or oas

From: <graf27_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 06:53:32 GMT

You can test the applications in the web-environment with Developer 6.0. To deploy the applications (i.e. Forms) you need:

database ... oracle-application-server(OAS) ... browser (jinit)

         ... forms-listener

OAS includes listener . The Forms-Listener is standalone on the database server ( new TNS for SQL-Net ... OAS ).

Toni

In article <80mnho$cvh$1_at_jaydee.iway.fr>,   "Olivier" <lambotte_at_heillecourt.semnet.tm.fr> wrote:
> First excuse my poor english (i'm french)
>
> I have an application which runs with developper 2000 and I want to
deploy
> it on the web.
> Do i need to use Orace Application Server or developper server is
sufficient
> ? I'm a real newbie for all the web technology and I need a little
help.
> If i use developper server, do i need a HTTP listener or can I use
only the
> forms listener?
>
> Thanks for your answers

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 07:53:32 CET

Original text of this message