Re: Re Encryption

From: MTeehan <MTeehan_at_DELETEME-wantree.com.au>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:39:59 +0800

I have a similar requiremernt.
[Quoted] We are concerned that since we are now backing up the entire DB to a DLT, anyone that manages to get their hands on any backup tape with a unix box can restore the database files and quite easily extract sensitive data. As a result we need to encrypt certain columns using an externally generated [Quoted] key which can be re-read at each database startup. While this would be possible with triggers or procedures, we would like some sort of a third party product that integrates seamlessly with Oracle8i. Trusted Oracle could [Quoted] do some of this stuff, but looks like its now a dead product - last release was in the early 7's.
Anyone with any ideas speak up!!
Regards
Mark