Re: Flat file, non-fixed column dump of SELECT?

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 00:40:03 GMT

You could try adding
|| CHR(nn)
to the end of your concatenate string, replacing nn with the number representing the ASCII carriage return-linefeed character, if that gives you blank lines in between, try the value of carriage return. (I don't have an ASCII table handy (in the 'DOS' days, I had it as a popup,  so much for progress)).

In article <7va656$gm3$1_at_goldenapple.srv.cs.cmu.edu>,   mja_at_cs.cmu.edu (Mike Accetta) wrote:
> In article <7v1jg2$ecd$1_at_news6.svr.pol.co.uk>,
> Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >SELECT COLUMNA||','||COLUMNB
> >FROM YOURTABLE;
> >
> >This should do it. Don't forget to TO_CHAR any
> >number or date columns.
>
> Yes, that's what I was looking for. Thanks!
>
> I didn't seem to need TO_CHAR around the number columns for what
that's
> worth. Line width was still padded out but I can cope with that better
> than every column being padded.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 29 1999 - 02:40:03 CEST

Original text of this message