what use of Transaction

From: Beatrice <he.lin_at_nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 19:57:02 GMT

[Quoted] hi, I got a question

under Sql*Plus ,One statement looks like

> Set transaction
> use rollback segment rs_tmp
> sta delete.sql

What does these sql statement lines mean here? I understand script 'delete.sql'
I do not know what the relationship between the transaction, rollback segment, and sql script?

1.) Here rs_tmp is the name of rollback segment.

2.) delete.sql looks like:

delete from conv_price_list_items where prli_blgto_prclist_id in (select pk_prclist_id from price_lists where status='Removed');

commit;

delete from conv_price_list_items where conv_fl = 'Y' and loaded_dt < sysdate -30;
commit;

delete from conv_products where conv_fl = 'Y' and loaded_dt < sysdate -30;

commit;
delete from conv_product_struct_items where conv_fl = 'Y' and loaded_dt < sysdate -30;
commit;

thanks.

Bearice.