Re: Configuring sqlnet listeners

From: <yngmrmoon_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:09:40 GMT

You will have to setup the listener.ora file for both databases having different port numbers. You will also have to give the second database a different listener name and start each of them independently. The documentation is somewhat sketchy, from what I've seen, on how to do this. I guess the answer to your question is yes, they do have to have seperate port numbers.

In article <381061D6.55FEA3F_at_Unforgettable.com>,   BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com wrote:
> I have a machine running two different Oracle 7.3.4 database
instances.
> Currently I only have a single listener which is used by both
instances. I
> want to split the listener so that I have a seperate listener for each
> instance. Can both listeners use port 1521 or must I configure one
listener
> on 1521 and another on 1526. Is there any convention which should be
> followed for separate listeners?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 23:09:40 CEST

Original text of this message