Re: owa_pattern question

From: Gerald Kilgus <gerald.kilgus_at_merck.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:50:37 +0200

Hello,

here are the tokens for owa_pattern:

Tokens
The wildcard tokens that are supported are as follows:

^
Matches newline or the beginning of the target.

$
Matches newline or the end of the target.

\n
Matches newline.

.
Matches any character except newline.

\t
Matches tab.

\d
Matches digits [0-9]

\D
Matches non-digits [not 0-9]

\w
Matches word characters (alphanumeric) [0-9, a-z, A-Z or _]

\W
Matches non-word characters [not 0-9, a-z, A-Z or _]

\s
Matches whitespace characters [blank, tab, or newline]

\S
Matches non-whitespace characters [not blank, tab, or newline]

\b
Matches "word" boundaries (between \w and \W)

\x<HEX>
Matches the value in the current character set of the two hexidecimal digits.

\<OCT>
Matches the value in the current character set of the two or three octal digits.

\
Followed by any character not covered by another case matches that character.

hope this helps
cheers
Gerald