Re: ASK FOR COMMIT BEFORE LEAVING A RECORD INSTANCE.

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:37:33 GMT

In article <7sn8eb$ap9$1_at_news.worldcom.ch>, Olivier Régis <olivier.regis_at_duroblade.com> wrote:
>I WANT A DIALOG "DO YOU WANT TO COMMIT ?" (YES/NO)
>IF I ANSWER (NO), IT MUST NOT LEAVE THE CURRENT RECORD.
Why? You didn't say why you need this. The Forms default prompt "Do you want to save your changes" message pops up just before Forms clears out uncommitted changes, so your user can answer yes to get an automatic commit, or answer no and the changes are discarded.

But you want them to stay in the record when they answer No. So how does the user get out if they accidentally hit a key, and don't *really* want to change anything?

I am confused.
Steve Cosner

By the way, any chance you could write in lower-case characters? ALL UPPERCASE IS NOT AS EASY TO READ. Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 02:37:33 CEST

Original text of this message