Re: WebDB Howto use Sequences when inserting new records

From: Win Ker <Winker11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:35:11 GMT

[Quoted] EASIEST way is to design your schema using Oracle Designer, generate your tables & related sequences, then generate the table API which will build the related triggers, etc. Upon which, in WebDB, create your form, and on the PK column, set it to Not Mandatory and it will automagically be populated by the sequence...worked great for me.

A few things that DON'T work for me is that I cannot do a "select user from dual" to populate a table with the form username...always returns <dad>_public as the value...anyone have any idea of how to retrieve the username for a particular session of WebDB???