Dev 2000 and ClearCase

From: Karlheinz Nolte <K.Nolte_at_alcatel.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:16:23 +0200

Hello all,

we use f45desm (from Developer/2000) on Solaris 2.5.1 to create different forms. Does anybody knows an easy way to f45desm let store it's result in .fmt (plain text files) instead of the binary .fmb files as default? Using the File -> Administration -> Convert method is possible, however not very comfortable.

Since we use ClearCase for version control, it would be nice, if the default format could be .fmt (merges are not possible for binary files without a special ClearCase type manager). Another advantage is to reduce the storage space (only diffs are stored).

Perhaps there is an "hidden switch" for f45desm to use .fmt as default?

TIA
Karlheinz

--
Karlheinz Nolte                fon: +49-711-821-41834
VS/EFB4                        fax: +49-711-821-47682