Re: Error occurs when try to create site using WebDB!!!Help

From: Michael Kunkel <m.kunkel2_at_deutschepost.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:14:08 +0200

Hi Sean and everybody who has got the same problem (like me)!

I know now that it is an installation error or failure. Some tasks have not been completed during automatic install. To resolve this you should go to the \support-directory on your CD or hard disk and open maninst.htm. There's a guide for manual installation.

Under point 4 you'll find something like that:

From the \support\sqlfiles\wwvcb directory, run the following commands:

sqlldr userid=USERNAME/PASSWORD control=wwvcbus.ctl
sqlldr userid=USERNAME/PASSWORD control=sbddl.ctl data=sbddl.dat
sqlldr userid=USERNAME/PASSWORD control=help.ctl
sqlldr userid=USERNAME/PASSWORD control=helpctxs.ctl
sqlldr userid=USERNAME/PASSWORD control=helprela.ctl
sqlldr userid=USERNAME/PASSWORD control=helpindx.ctl
where
username is the name of the WebDB user account (the database schema where the WebDB packages will be installed - WEBDB is recommended).

password is the password for the user account. By default, this is the same as the username.

The interesting part for us is the second row. Go to the \support\sqlfiles\wwvcb directory and run the following command:

sqlldr userid=USERNAME/PASSWORD control=sbddl.ctl data=sbddl.dat

If you get an error message concerning the log file you probably have the problem that this file is write-protected (if you installed from hard-disk and not CD), so you got to change the file-attributes. I think this is also the cause why the installation failed.

In my case it worked and I hope it will help you too.

Michael

Loh Kok Siong <seanloh9_at_hotmail.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 7serp2$ak8$1_at_news.ntu.edu.sg...
> Hi folks,
> I was prompted this error message when I'm click the SITES on the main
menu
> of WebDB. I login the Webdb with user as Webdb.
>
> Message not found:general.error - WWV-14436
> Message not found:general.message - Message not
found:general.msgidnotfound