NT & Parallel Server

From: Sebas <sebas_at_mt.fiberone.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:23:49 GMT

I want to create the RAW partitions to install 8i with parallel server, on NT 4.
Instructions are to create:
6 RAW partitions for data files.
1 "               "           "  Oracle 8i Intermedia ( if used)
2   "             "           "    for control files
2   "             "           "    for redo log files.
That brings the total to 11 partitions.
Instruction 1 : "Go into the disk Administrator in Administrative Tools. Instruction 2: "Go to partition and selact Create Primary Partition. Create the partition equal to the size of the file + 1MB and Click OK. This is all nice.

However, NT 4 only lets me create 4 Primary Partitions on the disk. How did you guys worked around this?
Thanks. mailto:sebas_at_mt.fiberone.net Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 15:23:49 CEST

Original text of this message