Re: Oracle and CODA Financial

From: Thierry Poels <Thierry.Poels_at_vab.be>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:21:02 +0200

Hi,

CODA Financials was also used at my former employer. As I remember performance was never superb.

Next to adding extra memory and increasing DB_BUFFERS, I also edited most of the indexes. All indexes where created at our site with company_code as primary field in the index. Because we only had one company_code, this field was not really selective and I moved it more backwards in the indexes.

So reconsider the sequence of the index fields, and adjust them to your company's needs.

greetings,
Thierry Poels
Oracle DBA & HP-UX Sysadmin