Re: WebDB - Using sequences

From: Edward Beemer <ebeemer_at_tas.nl>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:32:29 +0200

Hi Desiree,

I've managed to get it working after I granted the 'select' privilege on a user level. It didn't seem to work when I tried to grant privileges at a role level. The latter is what I'm trying to achieve!

Is it perhaps possible to add a sequence to the PUBLIC schema so that the sequence is available to everybody (as I did with my templates for the same reason)?

And while we're at it: I would like the sequence to start at '1' again if I encounter a new customer (for this example I have a customer table (PK=cust_no) and an order table (PK=cust_no+sequence_no).

With kind regards,
Edward Beemer

schipper_at_frg.eur.nl wrote in article <7r2dfp$ve7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...