Re: WebDB Installation (SYS Password)

From: Walter Dorninger <wdor_at_magnet.at>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:43:52 +0200

Yes I have tried it - but it doesn't work either. I tried as password "change_on_install_at_db1" and "sys/change_on_install_at_db1" but it did not work.

Any other ideas ?
-Walter-

P.S.: The DB is running.
Steven Scott Guilford <sguilford_at_minglewooddata.com> wrote in message news:37C8C4CF.CC804AD2_at_minglewooddata.com...
Oracle, in all their wisdom, forgot to tell everybody to set a value for LOCAL when installing WebDB.  They use SQLPLUS to check the DB/SYS connection.  Try adding _at_database to the end of your password.
I'm trying to install WebDB and during installation the Oracleinstaller
prompts for the SYS password. So I enter the correct password for the sys
user and the installer tells me that it is the wrong one. Whats the Problem
?

In the release notes there is mentioned that there is the possibility of a
[Quoted] manual installation - whats this ? - I have taken a look at the
installation
guide - but did not find anything

Thanx in advance
Walter