Reports 3.0 problem with srw.set_printer_tray

From: Graeme King <graeme_king_at_home.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 23:46:40 +0100

Hi all

Has anyone had a problem with srw.set_printer_tray. We are passing a printer (DESNAME) and printer tray to reports via forms using RUN_PRODUCT.

We cannot get it to work on NT workstation (SR-3 Build 1381) and laserjet 4000 TN printers using (the latest) PCL 6 driver (v3.38). Well actually it works on some client machines!! I know this points to client set-up but our tests have proved inconclusive...

We originally got a R30RBE32.EXE GPF with an older driver, now with the latest driver, we usually get a REP-00003 Cannot open global pref file!!!

We tried a HP lj 6p which worked!!, while the 4000TN with a postscript driver came up with a REP-1821 printer tray 'xxxx' not defined for this printer (the xxx was displayed as garbage/control characters). The only time the postscript worked was passing a tray name of 'First Available Tray' which kind of defeats the point of passing a printer tray at all.

Any hints would be appreciated...meanwhile we continue to investigate.

Thanks

Graeme King

P.S We are running the 5.0.6.16.0 patch of Forms and Reports (the previous version failed also) Received on Fri Aug 27 1999 - 00:46:40 CEST

Original text of this message