Execute Query upon Form Entry ?

From: Wayne McKinney <waynem_at_hal-pc.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:02:40 -0500

[Quoted] Maybe I've used Forms 3.0 too much, but that version of Forms had in it where the form could do an EXECUTE_QUERY in the PRE_FORM trigger (I think that's what it was called back then) - thereby enabling you to call up records immediately after you enter the form. The user wouldn't have to do a thing.

Now, Forms 5.0 doesn't let you do this same thing. I'd like to have a form that, upon entry, a set of default records are queried up for the user. This should happen automatically upon navigation into the form.

How could this be done with a base-table block?

Wayne McKinney
Tempora Resources, LTD
http://www.tempora.com Received on Sat Aug 21 1999 - 00:02:40 CEST

Original text of this message