Re: Reports

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:55:59 GMT

Yes, it can be done.
The word file can either be stored in the DB or in a file. I did it a few years ago and found some issues that you will need to worry about.

e.g. The word doc will have a margin and the place you embed it will have an additional margin, so you need to minimise the Word margin.

We had a very complex report with lots of sections and many embedded docs. It ended up being unstable so we broke it into pieces. As long as your report doesn't have 10 sections and 4-5 embedded docs, you should be OK.

--
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.

P.S.
If you would like to talk to Dulcian about a salaried position on our team,
please call me.
We have openings in NJ for developers, in CA for PERL developers.