Re: Change the default password for INTERNAL.

From: Glenn Heinze <glenn.heinze_at_city.kitchener.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:53:41 -0400

[Quoted] I believe the internal password is only an issue on NT. I don't have an NT [Quoted] instance to test this on, but I did pull this out of my notes (what I am saying is that you will want to test first on an test database):

On NT, the internal password file can be changed by executing the following, [Quoted] provided external verification is not used:

oradim80 -delete -sid <sid>
oradim80 -new -sid <sid> -intpwd <new password>

Otherwise 'orapwd80' needs to be used. This modifies the hidden file'pwd<sid>.ora' and sets internal and sys to the specified password:

orapwd80 file=...\dbs\pwd<sid>.ora password=<newpass> maxusers=5