Re: Oracle Books

From: Dirk Bellemans <Dirk.Bellemans_at_skynet.belgium>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 00:05:45 +0200

Paul Dorsey wrote in message ...
>Of course you can learn on the job, but note that Ann asked about learning
>on her own.

[snip]

>Bottom line, I do not believe that it is possible to become a qualified
>Oracle professional in a vacume.

[Quoted] Nobody asked what she already does know. Going from 4D on Mac to Oracle on PC is somewhat different than starting from scratch, isn't it?

Anyway, for a newbie, the book from Lulushi is absolutely incomplete. It tells you everything about Forms, but nothing about C/S development. The best I've seen that is straight into Oracle comes from Oracle Press (Osborne). Forgot the title, though.

Paul is right in his comments, but hey, isn't Internet a community?

--
Dirk Bellemans
Modify email address to reply (use .be instead of .belgium)