varchar2/long datatype problems in webdb

From: Joet Singh <jsingh_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:39:36 -0500

I currently working with oracle 8.0 and webdb2.0 on NT. In oracle 8.0 varchar2 can contain up to 4000 characters and long datatype contain up to 4 GB. For what ever reason I can not insert more then 2000 characters in either datatype-column via webdb. I understand windows allows up 32K of information to be cut and pasted but I am no place close to this limit yet I can not insert more then 2000 characters. Anybody else having this problem or overcome this problem? BTW I do not have these problems if I insert directly using SQL*Plus or if I use the "upload" command. Only time when i run into this problem is when I try to cut and paste using webdb. How are others developers inserting large amounts of text into columns when using webdb? Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 22:39:36 CEST

Original text of this message