Installing Oracle Designer

From: <burkeblackman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:03:04 GMT

Hi, we are getting ready to install Designer onto a stand alone machine that uses database links to connect to other machines. The machine has Oracle8 Server installed and runs on WinNT. My question is, if we wnat to install Designer without the Repository or Starter database, how can we do that and still be able to build a repository by reverse engineering objects from another database? We have the Designer software but hasve since lost the Repository Administrator's password. How can we get around such issues if we want to create our own Repository?

Thanks

Burke

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 22:03:04 CEST

Original text of this message