Re: Create Application

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 14:14:30 GMT

Hi,

Have you looked at Menus, which is a part of Dev2000 ? In my opinion, at least in forms 5.0, that is the best way to go.

Briefly what you do is attach the menu to a blank/null form (menuform) and in each menu option you use
open_form('formname', activate,session); to open different form windows which stay open until the user closes them.

For reports you will have to use run_product. I have no experience with this part.

It works just like any MS based application such as Word, Wordperfect with pull down menus.

You can then create just one shortcut to run the menuform on your desktop using Form Runtime and from then on the menus do all the opening forms and running reports.

As far as resources, Try Oracle Developer/2000 Forms by Albert Lulushi. Costs about $45. Browse it at Barnes and Noble before buying it at Amazon.com.

Suresh Bhat
Oracleguru
www.oracleguru.net
oracleguru_at_mailcity.com

Shelli D. Orton <shelli.orton_at_crha-health.ab.ca> wrote in article <37B06C79.337F7AF_at_crha-health.ab.ca>...