Re: How to avoid ORA-01000 maximum open cursors exceeded in Forms 5.0

From: Marc <E.Mail_at_address.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 07:40:22 +0200

There is a bug in Forms 5 (don't know if there is already a patch for it). If you use SHARE_LIBRARY_DATA, all cursors explicitly or implicitly opened in program units , are never closed. Solution : move your code to a library, or keep the code in a trigger.

Marc

Danny Lee wrote in message <7oqshh$3sm$1_at_goldenapple.srv.cs.cmu.edu>...

>Hi, ORACLE experts:
>
> I used many (2-level) cursor-for-loops (in serial manner, not
simultaneously) to process data.
> It seems to me that Forms 30 keeps all the cursors in the 'open' state
even though it should be closed