How to avoid ORA-01000 maximum open cursors exceeded in Forms 5.0

From: Danny Lee <dlee+_at_processa.inf.cs.cmu.edu>
Date: 11 Aug 1999 04:00:49 GMT

[Quoted] Hi, ORACLE experts:

[Quoted] [Quoted] 	I used many (2-level) cursor-for-loops (in serial manner, not simultaneously) to process data.
[Quoted] 	It seems to me that Forms 30 keeps all the cursors in the 'open' state even though it should be closed
[Quoted] after the loop is exited.
	The DBA told me that I should be about to open 50 cursors, but I still get the

		ORA-01000 maximum open cursors exceeded

	error.

[Quoted] 	Is this typical for Forms?

	How to get around it?

	Thanks in advance for your expertise and help.

Danny Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 06:00:49 CEST

Original text of this message