Re: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

From: Brent Douglas <Brent.Douglas_at_DAYTONOH.NCR.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:48:08 -0400

i tried it from sqlplus, and connect user/pass_at_tnsEntry DID work....

when you say service_name, are you using the name of your database or the name of your TNS service? like if you look in your tnsnames.ora file, you should use the paragraph name - like MyDatabase.world

connect me/mypass_at_mydatabase

good luck!
brent