Re: SQL*Plus configuration

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 15:19:10 -0700

veraon_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I use SQL*PLUS 8.0 on WinNT4. By default scripts are saved in
> \Orant\bin directory. How to change the location of scripts?
> I tryed to write a path into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE subkey
> SQLPATH in registry. And it does not help. After reloading when I try
> edit scripts, by default SQL*PLUS uses \Orant\bin directory again.

Your question was answered already, but here's something else, you may want to try, and allows you to use your favorite editor: In Explorer, go to the View menu item. Choose Options. Go to the File Types tab.
Add a New type, desription Oracle SQL Script, extension sql SQL. Add a New Action: Edit, and fill in the editor of choice. Now add Run as action, and set this as Application used to perform action: plus80w.exe /nolog _at_d:\orant\bin\run.sql "%1" The file d:\orant\bin\run.sql contains 2 lines: connect &Connect
_at_&1

You may want to add exit on a 3rd line.

Now, clicking the right mouse button on a .SQL file will offer you the choice of Editing or Running the script. Running will prompt for Connect (which should be one line of response: uid/passwd_at_connect)

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
V&L Informatica BV                   Hunzestraat 4
Palandijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede        7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500