Database storage question from beginner

From: Kirk W. Conrad <kwconrad_at_mdanderson.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 08:47:40 -0500

I'm a beginner at this so please bear with me. I'll use an extreme example for the sake of this question. If you have one and only one disk to work with (and 1 controller) do you gain anything in terms of reducing read/write contention by using more than one tablespace. Of course for organizational clarity you would gain by separating system, rbs, data, indexes, etc. But concerning read/write contention do you gain anything from multiple tablespaces?

Thanks in advance.
Kirk
kwconrad_at_mdanderson.org Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 15:47:40 CEST

Original text of this message