Re: Web server needed

From: Remco Moolenaar <remco_at_scc.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:23:11 +0200

Patrick van Beusekom wrote:

> I can't help you , but I'm very interested in a list of bugs you've encountered
> using WebDB. We' re considering using WebDB, but are not sure if it's the right
> tool. A list of known limitations of WebDB would be a great help.

Well, it depends on the application you want to deploy. If it is a simple pl/sql module like the one which started this thread then you would something like OWSKiller. I created one myslef and it works like a charme for simple applications. If you want a simple, straightforward web-based soution then WebDB could be the one. It's limitations range from difficult to adjust to difficiult to manage. But, if you do not have a business ciritcal application, WebDB could be the one. For business critical solutions, maintainability, efficiency and fault tolerance are your keywords. In those cases you will look for a application server model, like OAS, NetDynamics to name a few.

As your offices are located in the Netherlands and this subject is one of our specialities, we could probably exchanges ideas about your project.

With regards,

Remco Moolenaar.

--
Remco Moolenaar                                   mailto:remco_at_scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/