Re: SQL Query

From: <owais_anjum_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 07:04:18 GMT

[Quoted] select distinct ITEM_ID from <table_name> where RELATED_ITEM in ('111',222','333');

This is not what I want. IN uses OR condition. This means that I would get all such items that have even one of the matching items from the list. I want only those items, that have rows against ALL the items in the list.

Regards

In article <37A06BA3.7E099985_at_post.pl>,   Doktor <doktor_at_post.pl> wrote:
> select distinct ITEM_ID from <table_name> where RELATED_ITEM in
> ('111',222','333');
>
> If You want duplicated values of ITEM_ID , remove DISTINCT word.
>
> owais_anjum_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > I have a table with the following structure and data:
> >
> > ITEM_ID RELATED_ITEM
> > ==========================
> > aaa 111
> > aaa 222
> > aaa 333
> > bbb 111
> > bbb 777
> > xxx 909
> >
> > The query I want should return all the item_id's against a given
list of
> > related_items. e.g. I want an item_id which has all of the listed
> > related_items ('111',222','333').
> >
> > I thought ALL was meant for such scenarios...but I've not had any
> > success with it so far.
> >
> > Waiting for opinions
> > Owais

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 30 1999 - 09:04:18 CEST

Original text of this message