Re: Passing parameters to a form from command line

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 24 Jul 1999 00:19:32 GMT

>To All,
>
>I am doing what I thought was a simple process. I have created a form that
>I need to pass some parameters into when I call it from the commmand line.
>When I let the parameters default the form works correctly. When I attempt
>to pass in values to the parameters I get nothing. No errors just control
>returned to my command line. I am running this on a Unix box. Any clues?
>
>TIA
>
>Andy Hendrickson

[Quoted] I believe all you have to do is add the parameter name and the value on the [Quoted] call. For example, if your form has a parameter you have defined as "STARTUP_OPTION", then all you need to do is something like this...

F45run myform.fmx startup_option="MYVAL"

You might need to experiment with the quotes, and I do not know if any case [Quoted] conversion goes on (That also might depend on the quotes).

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Sat Jul 24 1999 - 02:19:32 CEST

Original text of this message