Populating a ComboBox.

From: Courtney Wright <lili96ilil_at_netzero.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:54:18 -0400

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm using Developer/2000 Forms Designer 4.5. I am trying to populate a combobox with all of the records in a particular column. To do this, I understand that I have to create a group at run-time, populate it, and then populate the list with the group I made.

DECLARE     RG_Name varchar2(10) := 'WOList';

    RG_ID           RecordGroup;
    ErrNo             Number;

BEGIN     RG_ID := Create_Group_From_Query(RG_Name, 'SELECT WONumber FROM Work_Order');

    ErrNo := Populate_Group(RG_ID);

    Populate_List('WONumber', RG_ID);

End;

Notes:
WONumber is the name of the combobox on the form. It's also the name of the column in the table.
[Quoted] The WONumber column in the table is varchar2(10). This code is in a button using the When_Button_Pressed Trigger.

Here is the code I have so far. It compiles fine but when I try to use it at run-time, I get an error that says it can't create the group. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Courtney Received on Thu Jul 22 1999 - 14:54:18 CEST

Original text of this message