Re: I Must connect oracle database whit MS SQL 7.0

From: BRENT DOUGLAS <BRENT.DOUGLAS_at_DAYTONOH.NCR.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:36:00 -0400

i came from an MS SQL 7 environment, and we had a mix of oracle and mssql databases....

if you just need to get information out of an oracle table, database, you can use the transformation services.... eg, define a connection to the oracle database using the standard tnsnames connection string, valid user/password... you can import whole tables or use queries to import result sets...

you can also link to oracle tables, but i would have to see the Enterprise Manager screen to find this...

BOTH of these really require you to have the oracle client loaded, eg, sqlnet and an ODBC driver...

Brent