Re: Solution to a Developer limitation?

From: <pxinos_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:30:04 GMT

In article <3785e657.0_at_145.227.194.253>,   "Mark G" <someone_at_hot> wrote:
> Doesn't the standard LOV allow you to type in characters and the list
> shorten? I think you have to press some button to make this field pop
up.

> Anyway, if you know about this feature and want to code something
else, once

Thats rigth, the actual problem has to do with greek characters and the fact that some of them has the same shape as the latin ones but different code. So, user may start typing in latin and in the middle of a word switches to greek, ....

> you have your costom LOV, you need to set off a timer to query the DB
every
> second or so and return the results based on what the user has typed
in.
> (You may want to save a before and after image in a variable so you
only
> query when the field has actually changed). Timer is deactivated when
the
> user leaves the search field.

I test it and is ok. The only problem is that when you press space after same characters for example "bla " next time the cursor goes to the begging of the field so you can't write a second word (I have set "Keep cursor position" to YES).

> HTH

> pxinos_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <7m4mo2$7ul$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >I need to build a LOV with some special logic but
> >with similar functionality as the build in one.
> >I mean shortening the list as the user types.
> >But I couldn't find a way to fire code after each letter
> >the user types.
> >
> >Is there a way around this problem?
> >
> >TIA, Panos
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 11:30:04 CEST

Original text of this message