Re: Solution to a Developer limitation?

From: Mark G <someone_at_hot>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:18:41 +0100

[Quoted] Doesn't the standard LOV allow you to type in characters and the list shorten? I think you have to press some button to make this field pop up.

[Quoted] Anyway, if you know about this feature and want to code something else, once [Quoted] you have your costom LOV, you need to set off a timer to query the DB every [Quoted] second or so and return the results based on what the user has typed in. [Quoted] (You may want to save a before and after image in a variable so you only [Quoted] query when the field has actually changed). Timer is deactivated when the [Quoted] user leaves the search field.

HTH M