Multiple databases query? NEED HELP

From: Phillip H <hzl_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 00:39:33 +1000

[Quoted] Hi All,

[Quoted] I am doing a thesis that query against at least two databases. These databases are heterogeneous. It may include Oracle, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL and DB2. A single query will involve at least two tables that [Quoted] can be in same or different databases.

[Quoted] For example, Payroll data is stored in an Oracle DB, while staff task data is in an Access DB. Now I want to retrieve all staff's current salary and current task list by a single SELECT statement (syntax may vary):

    SELECT name, salary, task
    FROM current_salary cs, current_tasks ct     WHERE cs.name = ct.name;

The purpose is to hide the details of data distribution. I implement it with [Quoted] [Quoted] Developer 2000. Any ideas on how to do it are appropriated. Are there any books or web sites helpful?

Thanks in advanced.

Phillip Received on Sat Jul 10 1999 - 16:39:33 CEST

Original text of this message