EBU: SIGPOLL caught versus ignored

From: <ben.clark_at_stratech.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:45:49 GMT

We are running Solaris 2.6. The application is Oracle Enterprise Backup (EBU) and Veritas netbackup. The problems it that the backups are intermittently failing.

We have noticted that when the backups work there are several SIGPOLLs in EBUs truss that are "caught". However, in the backups that fail there is always a corresponding SIGPOLL in the EBU process that is "ignored".

So exactly what does this mean? Is this a sign that the EBU process is not trapping these SIGPOLLs correctly. Is there any way to find out what is causing the SIGPOLL in the first place.

I need to figure out why these backups are failing and any info would be great.

Thanks,
Ben Clark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 18:45:49 CEST

Original text of this message