Re: Oracle DB on Linux installation problem

From: Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 10:19:40 -0700

I've just taken this off their download web site:

This is a gzipped tar file and instructions are for Linux OS only. 1. Create a separate directory, for instance:

    mkdir ora8051
2. Shift-Click on files 1-7 and save them into ora8051 3. When you finish downloading all the files, run:

    cd ora8051
    cat Oracle8051EE_Intel* | tar -zx

Looks like you've done steps 1 & 2. Just do step 3. Hope that helps.

Verna