Re: sqlplus problem

From: WolfAlpha <wolfalpha_spamguard_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 23:08:52 GMT

[Quoted] Just wanted to give you a little heads up that if you call sqlplus like that with a long running batch script, you will be compromising the security of that login account. Anyone else on that Unix box can do a ps -ef|grep sqlplus to see the command and all arguments (including the scott/tiger). If you want a more secure script, use sqlplus -s /NOLOG _at_rpt1 and on the first line of rpt1.sql put the following line:

connect scott/tiger

(or whatever user/password you need). Then chmod the file to restrict read privileges on it.

Jeff S