Re: forms 5.0 - controlling MDI app window

From: <cfischer_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 19:30:18 GMT

In article <7lth1a$l2q$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   ccyr6798_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <7lt69h$gh7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> ccyr6798_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hello most_helpful_one -
> >
> > I'm a newbie and looking to prevent my app users from escaping my
> > application (not that they would want to...). Running client on
> > 95/98/NT and would ideally like to set the main app window to no
> > minimize and no resize, or to capture these actions with a trigger.
> > set_window_property is pretty clear about how it treats app windows
> > differently from "regular" windows withing the app.
> >
> > any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back in the "old days" of Win 3.1, I had an app with the same requirement. We didn't ever want the user to be able to do ANYTHING on that PC besides run my app. So the way I handled this was to make a little VB .EXE program that simply fired off F45RUN.EXE with the command line parameters needed to start my app. Then in the SYSTEM.INI file, we changed the SHELL= to be my little VB program. This quite effectively prevented switching because there was no shell to respond to the users attempt to ALT-TAB to another app.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 21:30:18 CEST

Original text of this message