Problem migrating Forms 4.5 to Forms 5.0

From: Jaime Devesa <jdevesa_at_dsic.upv.es>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 19:32:32 +0100

Hello everybody.

We are working with almost all versions of Forms (from 3.0 to 5.0). We have developped many applications using Forms 5 to be used with OWAS and everything was all rigth. But when we are trying to reuse a Forms 4.5 to be used as a Forms 5.0 it doesn't work..

We have recompiled the application with Forms 5.0 and the compilation was OK, but when we try to use it, first asks for the user/password_at_DBString as always, and when we introduce them, it appears "A network error ocurred" and it halts. All connections are OK, the connect string is OK and it functions with many other applications developped with Forms 5..

Is there any trick in the "upgrade" from Forms 4.5 to Forms 5.0 applications??

Thanks.

Jaime. Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 20:32:32 CEST

Original text of this message