Re: WebDB Can't login

From: Dale Wityshyn <dale.wityshyn_at_telus.com>
Date: 5 Jul 1999 16:06:31 GMT

Hi,

It sounds like you are having the same problem I did at first.

You need to add an entry to the TNSNAMES.ORA file for Net80 which is the network component that WebDB uses.

I.e. in (my case) \Oracle\WebDB\Net80\Admin add something like:

WEBDB.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =
          (COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
          (PROTOCOL = TCP)
          (Host = yourhostname)
          (Port = 1521)
        )

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = WEBDB)
    )
  )

I did this to resolve my TNS issue but I still can't login.

In article <3780425B.7016B3D9_at_hookedREMOVE_THIS.net>, dwkunkel_at_hookedREMOVE_THIS.net says...