Re: Developer 6.0 run-time install is very large

From: Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 15:29:42 +0100

We installed Forms 4.5 in a similar way (practically everything on a fileserver). It does slow down performance noticeably when compared with a local install. I don't know if things have improved in Forms 5 or Forms 6. And it does, of course, increase LAN network traffic. However, the biggest effect on performance has been storing the fmx files on the fileserver rather than the client. The Forms runtime delay affects the users at application startup, but the fmx load delay happens each time the user accesses a new Form.

The users find the response times acceptable, but this is probably because they've never known any better. It's pretty useless giving you any timings, but our LAN is 10Mbit.

Simon Hedges
Gloucester
UK Received on Sat Jul 03 1999 - 16:29:42 CEST

Original text of this message