Re: Developer 6.0 run-time install is very large

From: Sean Zhang <sean_at_cnfei.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 17:26:05 GMT

[Quoted] Hi, Daryl,

I think two methods may help you get around, 1. You can do a Network installation, put all files in a File server, like [Quoted] Windows NT,

     then only import Registry to every client computer. This method has [Quoted] been posted

      in this newsgroup before, if you need more info about this method, you [Quoted] can drop me a mail.

     Any way, I think this is the best installation method for Developer [Quoted] 6.0: No space needed,

      (for client), fast, easier to upgrade.  2, I have noticed many file names ( like executables and DLLs) are changed dramatically

[Quoted]        from Developer 2000 2.1 to Developer 6.0, that means if you just want have

[Quoted]        a upgrade, the installation will add new files and new directories, [Quoted] it WON'T override many of the old

       files, this almost doubles your space requirements. My suggestion is [Quoted] like this: Before

       you install Developer 6.0, just delete the whole old $ORACLE_HOME [Quoted] directory, like

       MS-DOS>  deltree orawin95
       after deletion, then you can have a FRESH installation
       and will save lots of space.

    Hope this helps.
   Sean Zhang
  mailto:sean_at_cnfei.com