Re: Context cartridge

From: <gjuneja_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 14:42:30 GMT

Has anyone done a comparative benchmark of Oracle Context with other text retrieval engines such as verity, excalibur, inktomi, ultraseek? Any concrete information on what are big pluses and minuses will be of enormous help.

Thanks,

Girish

In article <3772A3B8.FC70D7BB_at_ix.netcom.com>,   s <skbleich_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Context Cartridges will allow you to search long
datatypes.
> We are running them right now.
> Could you be more specific as to what you need
to know, and maybe I can help
> :-).
>
> Joet Singh wrote:
>
> > Has anybody worked with or know a context
cartridge or module for oracle
> > database? To be honest I am not sure if that
is what it is called. What I
> > am looking for is a way to search "long"
datatype in my database. Anybody
> > know if there is anything out there that will
allow me to do this? Thanks
> > in advance.
> > Joet

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 01 1999 - 16:42:30 CEST

Original text of this message