Re: How do I create a Key Press trigger in Developer 2000 forms?

From: <westley007_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:48:52 GMT

It gets me closer but I still don't think it will work. What I'm trying to do is to have a trigger fire each time I see a specific character.
I have input coming from a scanner or a keyboard and the only way I can tell which is to prefix the scanner string with a character (I'd like to use a non displayable ascii character). So if my user scans into a field and that particular character is present a trigger will fire which would tell me that it was scanned input. Since it was a non displayable character I wouldn't have to worry about stripping it out of the box.

I tried using a ~ and stripping off the character but it wasn't fast enough. You could see that character for 1/2 a second.

Thanks,

Jason

In article <7kovdh$kpj$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,

  cfischer_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <7konb4$hea$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> westley007_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Is there some kind of API call or any way at all I can do this?
> >

> Read in the Form Builder help file the section on Key Mapping using
Oracle
> Terminal. You can map "User Defined Key 0-9" to specific keys. Then
you can
> use the KEY-F0 thru KEY-F9
>
> I did a test where I mapped the "1" key to User Defined Key 1.
Then in a
> form, I created a KEY-F1 trigger that just did
>
> BEGIN
> :test_item := 'User def 1 pressed';
> end;
>
> Since the "1" key is a valid data entry character, if my cursor was
located
> in a text item, the trigger would not get fired. But if I was
located on a
> button or something else, the trigger would fire.
>
> Does this help?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 17:48:52 CEST

Original text of this message